Vocalist.org archive

From:  w.ritzerfeld@c...
w.ritzerfeld@c...
Date:  Sat Jun 30, 2001  10:42 am
Subject:  Re: decisions, decisions.....

Hello Nande,

Here's an alternative for you to consider that could make your choice
a little less black and white.

> Nande wrote:
>
> > But: I can't get the education part-time

That's what I thought until I discovered the Schumann academy
(www.schumann.nl). They offer a part time alternative for the
conservatory. I managed to persuade my boss to let me have a
part time job (4 days a week) which gives me enough time to study.

> > But: I'm 29 years old.

I'm in my forties. I will obviously not have a glorious career as
a soloist, although I already have a modest career now. This
doesn't bother me all that much, since my main focus will be on
teaching anyway and there is a lot you can do as a performer if
your livelihood doesn't depend on it.

> > But: I have a full time, well-paying job.

Me too, I'm an electronic engineer. Whether I will
quit my day job in the future will depend on the amount of income
I will be able to generate from teaching and performing.

My two eurocents worth ...

Wim Ritzerfeld
baritone
Eindhoven, The Netherlands

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12958 Re: decisions, decisions..... Nande   Sat  6/30/2001   2 KB

emusic.com