Vocalist.org archive

From:  promero@w...
promero@w...
Date:  Fri Jun 29, 2001  8:22 am
Subject:  Degrees

I've got a question: I'm in the only college I can afford now... as
it is, this college no longer has a music major, but a music minor.
However, they have an Integrated Studies Major -which means that as
long as it is well-structured, you can design your major. I've cross-
registered at two other colleges for music theory classes and my
voice classes take place in my main college as well as my other
classes (with a double major in art as well as Voice). As someone who
is intent (and stubborn)on becoming a professional singer (but really
can't afford to change schools), what would the impact on my
acceptance to post-graduate schools be with my bachelor in arts
coming from such a school? I believe the music theory department in
the other colleges are good enough to cover the music theory, and my
voice instructor on campus (who who will also give me extra private
lessons on the weekends) is working for me u0p to this point.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12940 Re: Degrees Greypins@a...   Fri  6/29/2001   2 KB
12946 Re: Degrees Jeffrey Snider   Fri  6/29/2001   2 KB

emusic.com