Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Wah Keung Chan @ La Scena Musicale" <wkchan@s...>
"Wah Keung Chan @ La Scena Musicale" <wkchan@s...>
Date:  Thu Jun 28, 2001  1:11 pm
Subject:  Voice related articles in the July-August issue of La Scena Musicale

Hi All,

The July-August issue of La Scena Musicale comes out tomorrow, but is
now up on our website http://en.scena.org. Visit
http://www.scena.org/lsm/content.asp?Vol=6&No=10&lan=2 to see the
entire contents. You may also download the Acrobat PDF file by
clicking on http://www.scena.org/pdf-files/sm6-10.pdf

Of particular note to voice and opera lovers is my interview /
profile of Canadian contralto Marie-Nicole Lemieux, first prize
winner of the Queen Elisabeth Competition last year. Not only does
she have a great voice and incredible musicality, she is one of the
nicest people I've met.
"Marie-Nicole Lemieux, The Compelling Voice Next Door"
http://www.scena.org/lsm/sm6-10/Lemieux-en.html

Nellie Melba was one of the leading sopranos at the turn of the
century. Most know her from the old recordings. In a lighter feature,
we introduce the Peach Melba, the dessert named in her honour, and
present the recipe. http://www.scena.org/lsm/sm6-10/melba-en.html

As usual, visit our vocal page (The Music Scene - La Scena Vocale
http://vocale.scena.org) for the latest info on vocal music and opera.

Finally, help us decide on the programme of the La Scena Musicale 5th
anniversary of Benefit Gala scheduled for September 12. Vote in our
Reader's Choice. http://www.scena.org/concert/concert.asp?lan=2

Thanks,

wkc

--
--
Wah Keung Chan

Web: http://www.scena.org
* 4 stars - Special Issue "The Best of the Net", Le Monde
* 4 étoiles - Cahier "Le meilleur du net", Le Monde
* Selected 3rd best music website by Chamber Music Magazine.
* Jugé 3ème meilleur site web de musique par le magazine Chamber Music.
* Article in the Montreal Gazette about La Scena Musicale Online
http://www.montrealonline.com/music/pages/000617/4295823.html

emusic.com