Vocalist.org archive

From:  arado_ge@y...
arado_ge@y...
Date:  Thu Jun 28, 2001  6:56 am
Subject:  Re: NO VIBRATO!!!

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Rocío Guitard <vocalist-temporary@y..., Rocío Guitard < > Arado,

> I agree with John, I'd also like to "get my hands" on you for a
half hour. And actually maybe I might next October, when I'll be
teaching a whole series of Master Classes and private lessons on
Speech Level Singing in Munich, Germany. The dates are Oct. 7th to
13th , let me know if you're interested in attending (btw they will
be in German, except the privates).

> In the meantime, let's try helping you out here, that's what we 're
for after all :o)
> First of a couple of questions:
>
> 1. Are you a lady or a gent (hope you don't mind me asking, but my
own name falls into that same category of ???)
> 2. What style of music do you sing most, in what setting (group or
solo)?
> 3. Are you combining both your chest and your head voice or are you
only using one register? What is your range?
> 4. Do you sound either airy or strained?
>
> To me it sounds like your vocal cords are either closing a little
too tight or not enough, and there might be an imbalance in your
larynx which sums up to a lack of vibrato. Let's try figuring it out
and help.

> Rocio Guitard
> Seth Riggs Associate

emusic.com