Vocalist.org archive

From:  arado_ge@y...
arado_ge@y...
Date:  Wed Jun 27, 2001  7:52 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] NO VIBRATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John,

If ever you're in Switzerland, I'll take you up on the offer the the
half-hour to "trick" me into singing with a vibrato!!

Arado

> It's certainly possible that a vibrato just won't happen, but
unlikely. I
> wish I could spend just a half-hour with you and I could 'trick'
you into
> producing a vibrato. It's important to realise that, although one
may 'do'
> all sorts of things to begin to get the idea of how a vibrato
feels - it is
> essentially a natural thing resulting from freedom or dynamic
relaxation.
> For what it's worth, I first noticed a vibrato in my own
voice at about
> age 39, after singing in a very controlled way in choirs for much
of my
> life. I was tired, had been assigned what turned out to be a big
solo part
> in Praetorius' Christmas Oratorio. I had just been sick, hadn't
sung for a
> few days and thought that I would sit at the piano and look through
this
> music. I played it over on the piano (saving my voice, you see) and
got it
> into my head before I tried to sing this unfamiliar stuff. When I
started
> to sing, there was a vibrato. perhaps if I had been full of energy
I could

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> John Blyth
> Baritono robusto e lirico
> Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12906 Re: NO VIBRATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John Alexander Blyth   Wed  6/27/2001   5 KB

emusic.com