Vocalist.org archive

From:  rtpeacoc@e...
rtpeacoc@e...
Date:  Tue Jun 26, 2001  6:30 pm
Subject:  Home Studios was:Recording

On a related subject... My brother does his recordings at his home
now (he has 16-track digital, two CD burners, etc. -- I'm not familiar
with the technology so can't be more specific) and he was telling me
how minutely he can edit so as to come up with a really polished,
professional-sounding CD (even though it may have been recorded in the
bathroom with the mikes in the tub and the kids milling around outside
the door!) While his specialty is heavy metal, he does have classical
training, and I'm thinking of introducing him to my composer friend
and quartet to see what cooks up.

What are some of the pros and cons you might have seen with the "home
studio"? What would you see as the advantages and disadvantages
compared to the "usual" studio session? (never having done either,
I'm totally ignorant here.)

Thanks,
Robin
mezzo[?]-in-training

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12903 Re: Home Studios was:Recording Tako Oda   Wed  6/27/2001   3 KB

emusic.com