Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Ginny Allen" <revginny@w...>
"Ginny Allen" <revginny@w...>
Date:  Tue Jun 26, 2001  1:12 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Recording

When you are in studio, don't be intimidated by the engineers. YOU are the
musician and they are the technicians. You will hear and catch things they
may not, so don't be afraid to discuss these things. They can guide you
about what needs more attention and what to just let go...remember you are
paying by the hour...but there are things you will care about that the
recording crew may not even hear...so talk freely. See it as interactive
sharing, not you or them alone in charge.

Also, a good work relationship with these folks is invaluable. Thank them
for things they do that you can't, be grateful for their help and expertise.
These people 'can make or break you' and you never know when you may need to
come back and work with them again. Don't burn any bridges.

And have a great time. There is nothing like hearing your own performance
in studio sound! It knocks my feet off that God gave ME any gift at all,
but what I hear in studio is always beyond what I imagine it sounds
like...and generally, I hate hearing myself...but somehow the
ambiance/technical realm of studio sound is mind-boggling. So take deep
breaths to take it all in while it lasts!

And then get out your checkbook! :)
Ginny Allen

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12870 Recording as an Art WAS: Recording Tako Oda   Tue  6/26/2001   3 KB
12875 Re: Recording as an Art WAS: Recording John Alexander Blyth   Tue  6/26/2001   4 KB
12873 Home Studios was:Recording rtpeacoc@e...   Tue  6/26/2001   2 KB
12903 Re: Home Studios was:Recording Tako Oda   Wed  6/27/2001   3 KB

emusic.com