Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Mon May 1, 2000  3:41 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Chicago Traviata

Hi. As a matter of fact, I was in the show. (My room-mate gets this voice
e-mail stuff.) It went pretty well overall. The orchestra worked very hard,
but TRAVIATA is a bit above them, and perhaps more rehearsals would have been
good. Violetta did very well, pooping out a bit in Sempre libra, but holding
on well through the opera. Alfredo did well. Germont REALLY got tired during
the duet, and basically had problems getting through Di Provenza. Alvaro did
well conducting, although I personally disagree with some of his tempi--that's
just a matter of personal taste. Since I don't know you I won't say who I am,
but I sang one of the minor roles and was fabulous.
--

>> "Making children do something they don't want to do is the job of the
parents.
>> If that doesn't work, there are always juvenile detention centers." - Mike
R.