Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Ginny Allen" <revginny@w...>
"Ginny Allen" <revginny@w...>
Date:  Mon Jun 25, 2001  2:02 am
Subject:  Fw: Harp + Bass

Michael,
My college roommate and I both majored in voice, but she later specialized in
harp and plays the floor harp and lap harps, especially for weddings. I sent
her your post and this is her response...
Ginny Allen
Michael,
Hello. I am Susan Helms, a harpist from Alabama. Remember that the harp can
play anything the piano can, according to difficulty - not too difficult, that
is.
Sing anything with the harp, as long as it is not rock or rapid pace.
Sally Gardens is so lovely with the harp, a Celtic folk song.
Hymns are lovely, especially AMAZING GRACE.
Deep River, a spiritual, would be fantastic on harp, sung by a bass..
Hope this helps,
Susan Helms

emusic.com