Vocalist.org archive

From:  EarlyMusik@a...
EarlyMusik@a...
Date:  Sun Jun 24, 2001  2:07 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re:summer gigs

I just did ALEXANDER NEVSKY with the Wheaton (IL) Symphony and will be doing
MAGIC FLUTE with DuPage Opera Theatre 7/7-7/14 (hence, the current sig line).

I have retired from choral singing as a regular source of income - church job
notwithstanding. Decided that I hate standing on risers, don't like feeling
vocally constipated (which was how one of my regular gigs was making me
feel), and it distracts me from my three bigger loves: solo singing,
teaching, and Bill. The order of which changes on a daily basis.

Christine Thomas
"For men are strong where we are weak ... they always think before they
speak."
(What fun is THAT?)

emusic.com