Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
"Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
Date:  Sat Jun 23, 2001  1:03 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Wedding solos

> In a message dated 6/21/2001 11:45:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mirsally@y... writes:
>
> << Something very festive, like the Mozart "Alleluia", but not that
> particular piece, because it was sung at the other daughter's
> wedding. >>

Last summer I sang at a wedding and was asked to do something "like
the 'Hallelujah Chorus'" as the bride and groom recessed. (Hmm...)

Anyway, I opted for the arrangement of "Praise to the Lord" from the
Hal Leonard "Hymn Classics" volume. The arrangement by Richard
Walters is very interesting-modern, but not avant-garde. Give it a
look!

emusic.com