Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri Jun 22, 2001  8:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Aria Search

> The Bartered Bride (Prodaná Nevesta)
> Kdybych se co takového (Ah my darling, we could grow
> together)

This is in the Schirmer Prima Donna's Album. You might also ask Glendower
Jones at Classical Vocal Repertoire if he can't do a reprint of the aria
for you, if you don't want to buy that aria volume.

> Boris Godunov
> Marina's Aria (Skushno Marina!)

You can get this as sheet music from Classical Vocal Repertoire:
http://www.classicalvocalrep.com/cvr/ComposersT_1.html

> Eugene Onegin
> Tatiana's Letter Scene (Ruskai pogibnu)

This is in the Schirmer Soprano arias book edited by Adler (the "Grey
book", Vol. I). If you don't have that, you can get the sheet music for
the aria from Classical Vocal Repertoire.

> Le Rossignol (Solovey)
> Ach, serdtse dobroe (Ah, joie, emplis mon coeur or
> Chanson du Rossignol)
> Ach, zdes ja zdes (Ah me voici)

I suggest an interlibrary loan request for this one. Make sure you specify
the PIANO/VOCAL score of the "Conte Lyrique en Trois Actes" (the opera) -
otherwise you're likely to get the miniature orchestral score of the
Symphonic Poem! The score in all its various permutations was published by
Boosey & Hawkes.

> The Queen of Spades (Pique Dame or Pikovaya Dama)
> Zashem zhe eti slyozy (Lisa's Aria)

You can buy this as sheet music from Classical Vocal Repertoire.

> A Midsummer Night's Dream
> I am your spaniel
> Be kind and courteous
> Injurious Hermia

Boosey & Hawkes publishes a two-volume set of Britten's Operatic Arias
for Soprano. I don't now if all these arias are in there, but it's worth
checking out (I have one volume at home - I can check to see if any of the
Midsummer Night's Dream arias are in it - I bought it for the QEI aria
from GLORIANA, along with the mezzo volume). Boosey & Hawkes claims that
the two books contain "all the major arias" for soprano by Britten (there
are mezzo, tenor, bass, and baritone volumes, too).

KM
NEIL SHICOFF, TENORE SUPREMO
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Own Website