Vocalist.org archive

From:  Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Date:  Thu Jun 21, 2001  3:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Fear concerning NATS

This is going to sound like a very innocent question, but could some of
you explain to me what NATS is exactly? I mean, I know what it stands
for, but how are these competitions - are they competitions - organised?
It sounds like a cross between two things we have in the UK: the grade
exams, which are done in private with just the candidate and the
examiner, and the competitive music festivals, with all the other
competitors and their teachers and Mums (because they start at 7 or
sometimes even younger) in the audience all wanting you to sing well and
come second :)

I've read so uch in Vocalist about them, but I can't quite place them.
There's also been a lot about the Met auditions, which sounds to me like
something more than just simply straight auditioning for something - is
it?

cheers

Linda

emusic.com