Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
"Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
Date:  Wed Jun 20, 2001  6:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Fear concerning NATS

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Amy Hespenheide <vocalist-temporary@y..., Amy Hespenheide < > Is NATS something that anyone can do? I had thought it was only for
> high school students and possibly college students (don't know where
> got that). How does one go about finding out which district one is
in
> and when competitions are held? Does my voice teacher have to be a
> NATS member in order for me to compete?

Yes. Only students of NATS members can participate. If you have a
teacher, and he or she is not a member, encourage him or her to join!
In the regions where I have been, there have been categories based on
age AND class in school. There has also been a "comments only"
category that is non-competitive.

I hope this helps! Information on regions, districts, etc. can be
found at:

www.nats.org

emusic.com