Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
"Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
Date:  Tue Jun 19, 2001  2:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Rats, NATS!

Fellow students always complain how they don't enjoy singing in
English....but there is SO MUCH great literature out there that is really
enjoyable to sing!
I second Peggy with saying "Sure on this shining night" is a great piece for
many reasons. I say this from experience.....it's been a song that I have
been using for various auditions and recitals for about four years.
"Luke Havergal" by John Duke is very dramatic worth looking into.
Another composer who I LOVE is Jake Heggie. He has quite a range. I
especially love to sing his arrangements of American folk songs. I just
bought two of his books called "The Faces of Love".......anxious to be the
first one at my school to sing his music!
Another American composer to research is Vittorio Giannini. It's like
singing Puccini at many points.........

Molly