Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Wah Keung Chan @ La Scena Musicale" <wkchan@s...>
"Wah Keung Chan @ La Scena Musicale" <wkchan@s...>
Date:  Sat Jun 16, 2001  3:45 pm
Subject:  Vocal / Opera Webcasts - June 16, 2001 - Cardiff Finals today

The Cardiff Singer of the World Finals will be held today/tonight at
2:30 PM EDT. BBC Onilne is webcasting it live. Visit
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/cardiffsinger01
I caught parts of the webcast of the masterclasses yesterday, and
found some interesting thing. BBC has a report on the masterclasses
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/cardiffsinger01/diary.shtml?masterclasses
I email them about whether the masterclasses will be available
on-demand on the web, and they will let me know if it is available.
Parts were being video taped for the television showing today, but it
is likely that their agreement was only for a one-time webcast.

--

Here are some of the vocal / opera webcasts (mostly video) that have
been recently added to our Classical Music Webcast Scheduler

LIVE

6/16/2001, 2:30:00 PM EDT, Cardiff Singer of the World Finals - June 16, BBC
6/17/2001, 12:00:00 AM EDT, Meyerbeer & Co: Opera Camerata of
Washington, Washington, DC Cable Channel 16

ON-DEMAND

Weekly Audio and Video Feature - June 16 - June 22, 2001, 6/16/2001 -
6/22/2001, Mike Richter
Haydn's Creation Live from Glyndebourne, 6/14/2001 - 6/18/2001,
Global Music Network
Galina Gorchakova Live at St Johns Smith Square, 6/13/2001 -
6/17/2001, Global Music Network

ARCHIVE

Pelléas et Mélisande by Claude Debussy, Online Classics
Die Zauberflöte by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Online Classics
Le Nozze di Figaro by by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Online Classics
25 SCOTTISH SONGS op. 108 - LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN - Salzburg Easter
Festival, Andante.com
Furrer Voices Still, Andante.com
Pavarotti 40th Anniversary Gala, MSN.it
Turandot, by Puccini, Online Classics
Puccini's Madama Butterfly, Online Classics

VIDEO INTERVIEWS

Video Interviews: The Making of Bride of the Wind, iClassics.com
Video Interview: Lang Lang, Getmusic.com
Video Interview: Emmanuel Pahud, flutist, Getmusic.com
Video Interview: Ned Rorem, Getmusic.com
Video Interview: Vadim Repin, Getmusic.com
Russell Braun finds his voice in Billy Budd, CBC Infoculture
Video Interview: Frederica von Stade, Getmusic.com
Video Interview: Renée Fleming, Getmusic.com

More webcasts available on-demand or archived are listed at our
Classical Music Webcast Scheduler http://webcasts.scena.org . Search our
database of over 200 webcasts.

To submit a classical music or opera webcast, email info@s...

La Scena Musicale Onilne is a non-profit site. Let us know how we can
improve it.

Thanks.

Wah Keung Chan
La Scena Musicale Online