Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Sat Jun 16, 2001  3:55 pm
Subject:  Gotta love it when you're sick! (not!)

----Original Message-----
Greypins@a... <>
>Subject: Re: [vocalist] Gotta love it when you're sick!
(not!)

promero@w... writes:

><< does the
> Honey/Lemon mixture thing really work >>

Mike (Greypins):
>only if you choke on it. think about it though, why would you want to
>coat your throat (or your vocal folds, for those who just have one chute
>there)? wouldn't that just be like artificial mucous, which is one of the

>things you're trying to get rid of? you want your mucous thin and runny
so,
>being well hydrated would be the best thing (followed by sleep and avoiding

>debauchery).

Mike - I agree, cut the crud with water for sure.
Further to that - attempt to restore lost electrolytes with Gatorade
or Pedialyte.

At night, before bed, slap some Vicks Vapo on your chest, sides & back
then put on a cotton sweat shirt. If you're not up to throwing down
a couple or three shots of some Nyquil because of medicinal reasons or
it simply tastes....bblllaaaccchhh!! - sip some high quality Tequila
(Cazadores or El Jimador) or gargle with it or Aguardiente if you're
adverse to distilled spirits.

Some on the list have suggested gargling with vinegar or the use of
'spiny nettles'(?) - Domingo has said that he gargles religiously with
warm water & salt...others make a tea called: Jamaica (pronounced:
HA-MAI-KAH) - which are rosehips...very tasty & soothing!

Whatever works, but in moderation!

EV
never one to turn down some 'vino tinto' (red wine) at a wedding...
...recalling the wedding in Capernaum!

emusic.com