Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
"David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Sat Jun 16, 2001  6:20 am
Subject:  Re: Re: [vocalist] Re:summer gigs

> David, are you familiar with the Summer Zarzuela Festival in El Paso, TX?
> Some summer day - I hope you'll be able to take your group there to see,
> listen & perform zarzuela!!
>
> Years ago, I was able to return home as I was performing with
> The Spanish Rep Theater (El Repertorio Espanol) of New York City
> in our subdued production of LUISA FERNANDA. Quite a successful
> showing in El Paso & run of the show as well. LUISA is a fantastic
> opera with lush, beautiful music (two piani will sound fantastic!); will
> you be singing Vidal? Quite a distinguished baritone role!! I wish you
> well!

Thank you! I am singing Vidal, and it is quite the role. Lots of high 'g's
thrown in, sometimes a little randomly. Of course, I am not complaining!
:)

I will have to look up the El Paso festival. Sounds like a lot of fun!

David Grogan
ETBU Music
Marshall, Texas

promero@w...promero@w...canteclada@y...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12689 Gotta love it when you're sick! (not!) promero@w...   Sat  6/16/2001   4 KB
12713 Re: Gotta love it when you're sick! (not!) Nancy Fontana   Mon  6/18/2001   2 KB
12690 Re: Zarzuela! promero@w...   Sat  6/16/2001   3 KB
12716 Re: Zarzuela! Karen Mercedes   Mon  6/18/2001   4 KB
13293 David Grogan in Luisa Fernanda canteclada@y...   Mon  7/23/2001   2 KB

emusic.com