Vocalist.org archive

From:  taylor23f@h...
taylor23f@h...
Date:  Fri Jun 15, 2001  8:11 pm
Subject:  Greetings from the Vocology Institute........

Hi Listers,

Well, we just made it through the first week of classes at the
Summer Vocology Institute in Denver. Dr. Titze teaches us from the
new edition of his book, "Principles of Voice Production". We have
class for three hours per day Mon-Fri and the afternoons are devoted
entirely to the homework- which has been the working out of very
difficult calc equations from Dr. Titze's text. We already have an
exam on chapters 1-4 on Monday. And an exam on 4-8 next Monday!
The pace here is extremely fast indeed. But, there were about 22
people accepted here and they are all very friendly. We offer help
to each other whenever possible. Dr. Titze is very friendly and he
presents the material with excitement and complete command over the
difficult aspects of voice science. Yesterday we all sang for each
other. Dr. Titze LOVES to sing- so he said this will be a weekly
affair. In two more weeks we move on to Block 2, which
is "instrumentation for voice analysis". Well, I better start
studying for that exam!

Take Care All,

Taylor L. Ferranti
DMA Candidate in Voice/Voice Science
Louisiana State University

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12682 Re: Greetings from the Vocology Institute........ John Link   Fri  6/15/2001   2 KB

emusic.com