Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Wed Jun 13, 2001  6:01 pm
Subject:  Re: Re[2]: [vocalist] Summer gigs

In a message dated 6/13/01 11:35:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
MezzoNotte@e... writes:
MezzoNotte@e... writes:

<< Thanks for starting this line of conversation Leslie - it's so
interesting to see what people have going on.

Well, now that you mention it, I'm preparing a recital with two other sops
which we'll call "The Three New Jersey Sopranos." We'll likely do it in
October.

The only summer performing will be filling in as soloist and duetist at the
church around the corner as well as my own in the next town where my regular
gig is. In the vein of Karen's psalm settings, we'll probably do those
wonderful tenor / soprano duets (as is our wont from summers past) from
Handel's Chandos Anthems, which are, of course, psalms.

emusic.com