Vocalist.org archive

From:  Imthurn Melinda <mimthurn@y...>
Imthurn Melinda <mimthurn@y...>
Date:  Tue Jun 12, 2001  3:15 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] 2Be out?

Now back to the original question. YES, I think being
out definitely affects how you are treated
professionally in a negative way. From university to
the local professional work I have done, I have seen
it.
You can expect other gays and accepting heterosexuals
to act no differently (or even go out of their way to
befriend you), but you can expect the less accepting
(and here in Baptist country, church job or not, the
majority) to treat you with less respect. I do think
it can harm your chances of being hired again,
although this has not yet happened to me.
There's my opinion. I feel very sure of it! :)