Vocalist.org archive

From:  domina_ascenti@y...
domina_ascenti@y...
Date:  Mon Jun 11, 2001  12:16 am
Subject:  I need a few tips on improving my upper range

Hello,

I am a 18 year-old tenor and I have been training myself for
over a year. Usually after a thorough warm-up, I can vocalize to a
high A. Once I sang a high B in falsetto, then I tried to make the
voice larger and fuller by increasing breath support. It did sound
louder, but the sensation was still different from singing voce piena
in testa. Therefore I assumed that this was not the way to expand my
upper range.
Nowadays, not many people at my age are interested in Opera, at
least I can see that from my chorus class. As for me, I have read a
few books on training tenor voices, and I have met a professional
tenor on the internet and we talk from time to time. Even though the
only teacher I have is myself, I have improved dramatically since I
first started doing this last year. During this period, I gathered as
much information as I could on the Internet, and I understand that
none of them is better than having a real teacher. Since I will be in
college this fall, I don't worry about getting one. As of now, I am
still "researching" tenor techniques.
I just found this site a moment ago, and it is a great place for
people to share their experience with others. Right now, I am looking
for some tips/techniques on increasing upper range and improving
upper range quality.

Thank you very much!

Richard

emusic.com