Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
"Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Sun Jun 10, 2001  9:20 pm
Subject:  MED: Thyroid Biopsy

Has anyone ever had this done? I have to have a fine needle aspiration on a
large solitary thyroid nodule. The endocrinologist did an ultrasound first
and it will be ultrasound-guided. It's on the "ooky" side for me - having a
needle go into my throat - so I'd appreciate your comments. My understanding
is that there's minimal risk for singers (or anyone else for that matter)
from the biopsy itself. It's only the actual surgery, in the unlikely event
that the nodule needs to be removed, that can cause or worsen vocal
problems. It's scheduled for 7/16. Please wish me luck.

Laura Sharp

lasharp@n...gwyee@r...gwyee@r...Cflines@a...Cflines@a...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12541 Re: MED: Thyroid Biopsy John Messmer, M.D.   Sat  6/9/2001   3 KB
12547 Re: MED: Thyroid Biopsy lasharp@n...   Sun  6/10/2001   2 KB
12542 Re: MED: Thyroid Biopsy gwyee@r...   Sat  6/9/2001   3 KB
12549 Re: MED: Thyroid Biopsy gwyee@r...   Sun  6/10/2001   3 KB
12551 Re: MED: Thyroid Biopsy Cflines@a...   Sun  6/10/2001   2 KB
12552 Re: MED: Thyroid Biopsy Cflines@a...   Sun  6/10/2001   2 KB
12568 Re: MED: Thyroid Biopsy Karen Mercedes   Mon  6/11/2001   3 KB

emusic.com