Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
leskayc@a...
Date:  Fri Jun 8, 2001  4:22 pm
Subject:  REP: Children's Christmas Masterwork

Hello List!

I have the privilege of being a rehearsal assistant for a very fine
children's choir, the Heritage Children's Chorale of the South. This is an
auditioned group of about 50 kids ranging in age from 8-18. For our annual
Christmas concert we usually do a "classical" work in the first half and
then lighter fare after intermission. In the past few years we have done:

Dancing Day by John Rutter
Christmas Cantata by Vincent Lubeck
Handel's Messiah For Young Voices
Vivaldi's Gloria for Young voices

We would like to have something new this year-any suggestions? The work
should be around 15-20 minutes long, voiced SA or SSA (SA would probably be
best but SSA could work if not too difficult), solos within the work are fine.

Thanks in Advance!
Leslie Christopher

emusic.com