Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Thu Jun 7, 2001  4:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] TECH: Converting MIDI to WAV

Low tech approach:
I would just record the midi playback on a tape recorder. If you have to
have a cd format, you can then just record the tape as a .wav file, and
burn the cd from there. Otherwise you could probably find a pgm. on the web
somewhere. john

At 11:00 PM 6/6/01 -0500, you wrote:
>In this case, the "TECH" stands for "technical" instead of "technique"...
>
>Anyone out there know the best way to convert a MIDI file to WAV format?
I've entered several of my accompaniments in my composition program
(NoteWorthy) and would love to load them onto a CD to bring to my lessons.
NoteWorty will save files in MIDI format but not in WAV.

>I've tried several "tips" I found on the web which involve loading/playing
the midi file in one program while recording it in another, but can't get
this to work (it "records," but no sound when I play it back).