Vocalist.org archive

From:  valevanni@m...
valevanni@m...
Date:  Wed Jun 6, 2001  1:47 pm
Subject:  [med] videolaringoscopy and vocal cords

I've heard that the examination device can touch vocal cords. Can it
be dangerous? Is it possible that some little scratch creates?

During the last laringoscopy, some days ago, I clenched several times
my throat around the device (because I felt choked!). Besides, after
the visit, I tried singing (perhaps forcing a bit, too) and spoke for
a long time.

From that evening, I feel more irritation in my throat when I speak:
could it be the effect of touching the cords and then using them?

Is it advisable vocal rest after laringoscopies?

Another thing that happened in these days was the beginning of an
Omeprazole therapy: is it possible that this irritation is caused by
a side effect? (I've found, among rare side effects, "dryness of
mouth").

Vale

emusic.com