Vocalist.org archive

From:  Laura McBurnie <laurasings@y...>
Laura McBurnie <laurasings@y...>
Date:  Wed Jun 6, 2001  1:18 pm
Subject:  I'm back!

Dear Vocalisters,

I'm sorry I never got to respond to your suggestions of French music
stores, last December. I got so bound up in a trip my friends and I
took from Marseille to Rome (for the record, don't take the bus from
Marseille to Rome; thefts abound), and then in the many in-class exams
I wrote on my return, that I didn't find the time to do more than read
email and skim Vocalist digests, for quite some time.

But anyway, now I'm back. And I'll join in with alacrity on Tako's
side if any more vegetarianism discussions start up. :)

I returned to Canada last week having completed a Diplome de langue at
the highest level offered by the school in question, and having
graduated in absentia (my flight couldn't come home any earlier than a
week after convocation) from my undergraduate music school with a BA in
music.

This year, I'm studying voice privately, going to prepare at least one
full-length recital program and likely two, working (not in music) to
support myself, and trying to plan my next move, ie finding and
applying to the right graduate vocal program.

I think that has you up to date on me again! :)

Cheers,
Laura