Vocalist.org archive

From:  chenweijie81@y...
chenweijie81@y...
Date:  Mon Jun 4, 2001  6:02 am
Subject:  Re: Who are hautes-contres?

Dear Tako,
regarding about haute contre,does that mean that the chest voice
is actually maintaining that kind of focussed light sound like the
head voice so as to switch between the two registers without any
break???If that is the case,it would easier for tenors to sing haute
contre.What do u mean by the pop tenors are using the haute contre
registrational trategy, albeit not the style???Could u further
explain???

From Baritone
Weijie

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "Tako Oda" <vocalist-temporary@y..., "Tako Oda" < >

chenweijie81@y... wrote:
> > From the way I hear from the two
> > sound clips,it is indeed hard to imagine that the tenor altino
could
> > go sing very high since his voice is already so high.To a certain
> > point,I would think he won't be able to go any more higher since
the
> > voice would sound feminine without the support/link from his
lower
> > chest voice.I mean it seems as though he is using head voice most
of
> > the time.Any comments are welcome but please try to explain with
> > reasons.Although I can reach G4 with much ease,I would still
think
> > that it won't be as light as what the haute-contre sing G4.Maybe
> it's
> > the characteristics and fach of my voice.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12442 Re: Who are hautes-contres? Tako Oda   Mon  6/4/2001   3 KB

emusic.com