Vocalist.org archive

From:  Axwell@a...
Axwell@a...
Date:  Sun Jun 3, 2001  5:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Bartoli this, Bartoli that....

In a message dated 6/2/2001 1:36:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, thomas8@t...
writes:

<< I could not disagree more. I find Bartoli's entire production to be very
breath-initiated. If her coloratura so 'muscular', she could not sing
fioratura at the speed at which she does. She is an extremely musical and
intelligent singer, and certainly one who will go down in history as one
of the greatest of all time. IMO, her vocal production is as close to bel
canto as we hear in this day and time.

I agree completely with your assessment. I think aa up-and -coming
singer would be better off studying what is right that these famous singers
are doing and see if they can learn from them. It is easy to criticize. Very
difficult to come up with something comparable.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12431 Re: Bartoli this, Bartoli that.... Karen Mercedes   Mon  6/4/2001   3 KB
12439 Re: Bartoli this, Bartoli that.... John Alexander Blyth   Mon  6/4/2001   2 KB

emusic.com