Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Fri Jun 1, 2001  11:16 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] re: Bartoli this, Bartoli that

"Dying is easy. Comedy is hard." - Oscar Wilde

After watching The Metropolitan Opera's first part tribute to
Giuseppe Verdi on WTTW last night, seeing the video of the
immortal Tatiana Troyanos as Eboli (I thank the Almighty for
giving me the opportunity to see her live as Eboli at The Met
in 1980)...I look forward to seeing La Bartoli as the
ill-fated beauty of a princess sometime in the next decade
or two (after she's done doing all that difficult comedy).

EV
who took about a quarter of an hour to untie the knot in his
throat after seeing the video of Leontyne Price's final bow as Aida.

emusic.com