Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri Jun 1, 2001  10:05 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Least admired singers

An interesting observation made by Ryan Edwards in his masterclass last
weekend: There are certain singers one hears in the opera house who have
perfect techniques, but who are otherwise bland and mechanical. One thinks
of them, "Oh, yeah, I'll have to get his/her CD"...then one immediately
forgets them. What one doesn't do is long to hear them again in live opera
ever again.

I wish I could "get" Cura's appeal. I just can't help suspecting that were
he not so "buff" and good-looking, he wouldn't be having even a national,
let alone an *international*, career.

KM
NEIL SHICOFF, TENORE SUPREMO
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html