Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Martha Merrill" <mem_79@h...>
"Martha Merrill" <mem_79@h...>
Date:  Fri Jun 1, 2001  6:34 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: favorite singers

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the story behind your comment? I have only
heard Sinatra's 'golden oldies' probably recorded years ago, and they all
sounded lovely. When did this happen? Also, if I recall correctly, someone
mentioned Tony Bennett as one of their favorites...I do hope you mean his
past performances. Every time I have heard him perform in the last two
decades he has hardly sung one note...just that rhythmic speaking that some
people can get away with (ie Rex Harrison).

MM

From: Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
From: Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>

"I blame Nelson Riddle for destroying Frank Sinatra's voice.

KM"

12349 Sinatra and Riddle, Bennett, etc. (was: favorite Karen Mercedes   Fri  6/1/2001   3 KB
12382 Re: favorite singers Lee Morgan   Sat  6/2/2001   4 KB
12436 Re: favorite singers John Alexander Blyth   Mon  6/4/2001   3 KB

emusic.com