Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dr Colin D Reed <colin.reed@e...>
Date:  Fri Apr 28, 2000  3:49 pm
Subject:  Fund for Marko

>===== Original Message From vocalist-temporary@egroups.com =====
>Concerning Marko and contributions.
>I propose we start a fund. Marko has a lot of clean up to do and I think it
>will be expensive.
>Anyone know how to do this?
>
>Also,does anyone know if he will be accepting advertising? I am rather good
>at geting advertising for websites. I would love to help.
>
>:jc

Marko put out instructions last year as to how to help him financially. I
have attached them to this message. I think that it is best to follow his
wishes, since it is the quickest and easiest way for him to receive funds, and
also nice and personal.

It has been thought in the past that it would be nicer to keep the whole of
vocalist non-commercial with no advertising. I would certainly go along with
this. It could make it like the BBC of internet discussion lists :-)

Colin

[This message was sent automatically to VOCALIST & VOCALIST-DIGEST
subscribers.]

Changed: July the 1st, 1998

Dear subscribers,

Under the circumstances where banks charge outrageous fees just for
transferring small amounts of money from one continent to another
electronically or cashing cheques drawn on a US bank (in Finland that is)
- AND taken the fact that it is too expensive to either make an agreement
with the credit card company to allow me charge VISA or other major cards,
or for you to convert your small donations to international money orders -
I've finally come to a solution that is both inexpensive and easy.

To help me with the costs of upkeeping VOCALIST.ORG and the charges for
the 24h/day Internet connection as well as the hardware - I'd really
prefer you sending me just an ordinary US $ bill in an envelope via
airmail and letting me take care of the conversion. Please note that you
are free to send other major currencies as well as long as you don't send
coins. My bank doesn't charge extra when exchanging several currencies at
the same time. I could then also pick the best USD/FIM rate-of-the-day and
you don't have to worry about that either.

The only drawback is the slight insecurity here - but this is not going to
be a problem as long as you 'disguise' the contents by putting something
else in the envelope too - a postcard perhaps. To be honest, I love
receiving postcards and with your permission I could scan them and put the
pictures on a special VOCALIST.ORG page with your name and location. This
kind of 'postcard greetings page' would also give some kind of perspective
on the nature of this very international mailing list. Of course, the
postcard thing is purely up to you.

I would also be happy to list your name (with your permission of course)
on a special VOCALIST.ORG "Thanks for your support" page.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me privately
at <marko.hotti@v...>.

My snail mail address is: Marko Hotti / VOCALIST.ORG
Tervontie 4 C 11
FIN-90230 OULU
European Union

I wish to thank you all in advance! :)