Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Fri Jun 1, 2001  12:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] My nomination: most despised singer (was Mandy)

Greypins@a... wrote:

> frederica von stade- i just don't understand why anyone likes her, the
> martha stewart of singing.

She'a another of my faves - but I have to ask, is your
opinion based on seeing her perform in person, or just on
recording? I've seen her in recital and in opera. She's
another one of those terrifically committed performers. The
voice itself, divorced from the person, doesn't excite me.
But as a performer, she's magical. And her musicality is
something all of us classical singers should emulate.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com