Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Fri Jun 1, 2001  12:09 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] VOCALIST

Isabelle Bracamonte wrote:

> 2. Unfortunately, "vocalist@yahoogroups.com" has
> already been formed -- it seems to be a backup list of
> sorts for the old vocalist, begun by Marko.

> I have hesitated to create another, perhaps more
> confusing, name and transfer the group there, but I'm
> open to suggestions -- vocalister@y...?
> TheVocalist@y...? Throw suggestions my way,
> and if there's a good consensus, I'll move the list
> there and set up an automatic system so that if
> someone tries to subscribe to vocalist-temporary they
> would be automatically forwarded.

My main concern about changing the name would be if the
current vocalist-temporary archive (such as it is) would be
able to be transferred in the same form it is currently.
Because if it's a choice between keeping vocalist-temporary
and losing the current archive, I vote to keep the name as
is.

Also, if there's going to be a move to a university in the
near future, I can't see changing the anme, subscription
instructions, etc., if it's going to change again in a few
months. I can live with vocalist-temporary for a little
while longer, and I think most of us can, too, if it's not
too long.

Also, even if the "Vocalist" name was taken, doesn't it
expire after awhile if not used? That might be worth
exploring, because we've been here over a year, and Marko
certainly has done anything in that period of time.

If we were going to have a new name, how about something
like Singers@yahoogroups.com? Though really, there will
never be a name for us as good as Vocalist!

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com