Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Thu May 31, 2001  8:08 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] VOCALIST

> And speaking of the list, when are we going to stop
> calling ourselves
> "VOCALIST-TEMPORARY"? We have been at this location
> for over a year, and things are working well. I
> assume we are planning to stay, so can we
> ditch the "temporary" label and go back to the more
> professional title, i.e., simply VOCALIST?

Two items for discussion:

1. Lloyd and I are in the process of taking his
University up on their generous offer to host the
Vocalist. This would be better for the Vocalist for a
number of reasons, not the least of which would be the
move from a commercial (and commercially unstable --
in the history of this temporary list alone, onelist
has been bought by egroups has been bought by yahoo,
and although AS YET there is no charge for this
service, that is subject to change at any time) site
to an academic server host.

2. Unfortunately, "vocalist@yahoogroups.com" has
already been formed -- it seems to be a backup list of
sorts for the old vocalist, begun by Marko. Marko is
currently missing in action and no one can seem to
find him. I am particularly concerned with
transferring the Vocalist.org domain from his name to
mine (because it ought to be used for the Vocalist,
and because he really shouldn't have to be paying for
a dead site name still), but acquiring the
vocalist@yahoogroups.com domain would be good in the
vocalist@yahoogroups.com domain would be good in the
short term, too. If anyone has a way to contact him
and find out about the domain name in particular, I'd
be eternally grateful.

I have hesitated to create another, perhaps more
confusing, name and transfer the group there, but I'm
open to suggestions -- vocalister@y...?
TheVocalist@y...? Throw suggestions my way,
TheVocalist@y...? Throw suggestions my way,
and if there's a good consensus, I'll move the list
there and set up an automatic system so that if
someone tries to subscribe to vocalist-temporary they
would be automatically forwarded.

Your wish, collectively speaking, is my command. What
do you want to do with the list in the (hopefully
short) period of time before its transfer? And if
anyone has concerns about the transfer to a University
server, please speak up, because it's not set in
stone.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte, ibracamonte@y...
San Francisco, CA
moderator of Vocalist: the mailing list for singers
(vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com)