Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Wed May 30, 2001  1:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Folk Music Scene

In a message dated 5/29/01 7:32:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dalila@R...
writes:

<< (unfortunately, women performers
still don't seem to have broken through the "Irish pub performer" barrier
in this area, if anywhere, though there are a lot of female Irish
performers on the Ceidligh (sp) scene, including a band with the evocative
name The Hags).

Karen, the group "Cherish the Ladies" is most successfull in the New York
area. I thought they had a national following as well. Have you heard of
them?

Then I'd like to add Tennessee events to your list which included rural
Arkansas. There is an extensive annual folk festival, which includes crafts
presented by the authentic old time practitioners, in East Tennessee.

emusic.com