Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Wed May 30, 2001  4:11 am
Subject:  Kristin Chenowith

Did anybody see the PBS broadcast last weekend of the
Memorial Day Concert at the Capitol? I was blown away by
the singing of Kristin Chenowith, who sang a bunch of 40's
standards, like "Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree". I don't
remember when I've heard such great singing from a
Broadway-type singer. Maybe Audra MacDonald, who has a very
different type of voice. Ms. Chenowith's voice is just
lovely - it reminds me a little of Barbara Cook - silvery
steel - and she can do anything she wants with it. Her voice
has character - it doesn't have that bland-vanilla quality
that so many of the Broadway singers seem to have these
days. And she sang while holding a hand mike AND dancing
which some chorus guys on a stage that looked a little bit
slippery, and she was never out of breath, but it didn't
look like she was lip-synching to a recording either.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

dorisopran@a...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12252 Re: Kristin Chenowith Trevor Allen   Wed  5/30/2001   3 KB
12259 Re: Kristin Chenowith dorisopran@a...   Wed  5/30/2001   2 KB
12310 Re: Kristin Chenowith Trevor Allen   Thu  5/31/2001   2 KB

emusic.com