Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Martha Merrill" <mem_79@h...>
"Martha Merrill" <mem_79@h...>
Date:  Tue May 29, 2001  6:45 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Mandy Patinkin

From: Lana Mountford
"I saw him in _Sunday in the Park with George_, which was brilliant, and I
have the original cast recording of _The Secret Garden_, which has some
problems (but the duet "Lily's Eyes" is still amazing)."

--I really love that duet also, but I personally feel that the actor playing
Dr. Craven has a much richer and pleasant tone (sorry I don't know his name)
that carries the song, but the combo isn't bad at all.

"(In my not-so-humble opinion, his best comedy role was Inigo Montoya in
_The Princess Bride_ .)"

--Definately better than the 'Elmo in Grouchland' fiasco!

From: mike
" i can't stand him. in addition to seeming to be only interested in
singing as quietly as possible (i think he would be a perfect example of
what richard miller complains of someone who makes to much use of 'voce
finta and, i think that is why he only seems capable of singing quietly),
'precious' and 'fussy' are the only impressions i get from listening to him.
(give me chris cornell anytime!)"

--Funny you should mention him singing quietly...From the recordings I have
been listening to I felt he was WAY to loud, almost out of control.
Definately energetic, but its almost painful to listen to him 'scream and
shout' through some of the climaxes to a number of his songs.

Just another couple of thoughts,
Martha Merrill

12236 Re: Mandy Patinkin Karen Mercedes   Tue  5/29/2001   2 KB

emusic.com