Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Tue May 29, 2001  1:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Mandy Patinkin

I too hate Mandy Patinkin, rating him one of the ugliest and least
expressive voices I've ever heard ('fussy'? 'precious'? Mike, you're
being far too kind.) As it happens, I heard an exceptional
young singer, Jane Monheit, in this repertoire this weekend. Check her
out:

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.asp?pfid=1867310
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.asp?pfid=2347260

Mark Montgomery

On Tue, 29 May 2001 Greypins@a... wrote:

> i can't stand him. in addition to seeming to be only interested in
> singing as quietly as possible (i think he would be a perfect example of what
> richard miller complains of someone who makes to much use of 'voce finta and,
> i think that is why he only seems capable of singing quietly), 'precious' and
> 'fussy' are the only impressions i get from listening to him.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12254 Re: Mandy Patinkin Trevor Allen   Wed  5/30/2001   3 KB

emusic.com