Vocalist.org archive

From:  consalus@h...
consalus@h...
Date:  Tue May 29, 2001  4:43 am
Subject:  Re: Profundi?

Thanks for your response.
Now I wonder more than ever if I could call myself one, though
I know at 18 I probably way too young to classify in any real way,
especially with the minimal training I've had (I've been singing for
about a year and a half in choir, and have had about 4 voice lessons).
I seem to match your description pretty well, though not to the
extent of your lucky friend.
I have no problem with Ds and more than half of the time I can manage
a resonant C or B. I do not use any strohbass as far as I can tell
in my production of these notes. I also tend to talk at D, but only
when I'm not trying to be loud. My tone quality seems, at least in
my own head, quite similar to that of the man in the Phillip Glass
recording you pointed me to. I am not purporting to be a basso
profundo, but it sure sounds like fun. My question is this:
what is my voice likely to do when I age? I've heard basses hit
their prime in their 40s. Is it possible that i could be a profundo?

thank you for your time,
Kyle
bass-obsessed youngster looking for guidance

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12227 Re: Profundi? Tako Oda   Tue  5/29/2001   2 KB

emusic.com