Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Mon May 28, 2001  6:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] messa di voce

All I can suggest is allowing the jaw to find its right place, which might
mean backing up over the bump a few times. I think MdiV is one of the most
productive tools in exploring the voice, as well as one of the basic
building blocks of classical interpretation.
Anything above the secondo passaggio is a real challenge in messa di voce
for me, though I think I'm mostly up to it!
john