Vocalist.org archive

From:  gsanders@b...
gsanders@b...
Date:  Mon May 28, 2001  7:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Overuse of "high" notes

On Monday, May 28, 2001, at 04:33 Uhr, chenweijie81@y... wrote:
> ?My
> sense tells me that I should not vocalise C5 and D5 anymore and
> concentrate on vocalising my lower notes.Any vocalising exercises to
> strength and retain my "lost" notes???Thanks a lot!!!

Well, it could be because you have been trying to sing to many high
notes, or it could be the result of not singing for awhile, it could be
a medical problem. There are many reasons, why someone can loose high
notes. Reading between the lines of your post, my feeling is that you
need to look at how you are singing the high notes. I am not quite sure
which note you are talking about with C5. Is this a tenor high C or is
this middle C ? I would make a difference. I kind of think that it is
middle C. If it is then your C and D are not high notes for a
baritone. This would indicate to me that you have not learned to change
registers, since a middle C and D in full chest for a baritone is
pushing the limit a bit. But as I said, this is reading between the
lines.
Ciao,

Graham Sanders
Heldentenor