Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
"Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Sat May 26, 2001  10:22 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: wgms (fwd)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda Fox" <linda@f...>
To: <vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: 21 May 2001 17:02

> I don't listen much to Classic FM these days, though I do listen mainly
> to BBC radio 3 which is the rather more serious classical station.
>
> I was wondering, how much vocal and choral music is there on Classic FM?
> I seem to remember there was a fair amount, and there certainly is a
> _lot_ of it on Radio 3

I also don't listen much to Classic FM, although my parents never seem to
listen to anything else. I think they play a lot of arias, but never put on
full opera performances. I think the BBC played on this a bit last year
when they had adverts for Radio 3 that said "not just the famous bits".
Unfortunately there are so many people who only want to hear the famous bits
that I don't know how successful this campaign was.

Best wishes

Colin Reed, tenor
Newark, UK

emusic.com