Vocalist.org archive

From:  "John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
"John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
Date:  Fri May 25, 2001  11:26 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Therapy for vocal nodes

> My brother, a professional musician, has been diagnosed with vocal
> nodes. He has begun voice therapy, but has been told that it looks
> like he will require surgery. He wants to get a second opinion, and
> is willing to travel to see top experts.

Surgery is really a very last step.

Dr. Schweinfurth who is on this list, was at Vanderbilt and now here at
Hershey Medical Center. He would very likely be a good resource for a
second opinion or be able to provide info on the doctors at Vanderbilt.

If he can get to Dr. Sataloff in Philadelphia, he literally wrote the book
on the medical care of singers.

John

John J. Messmer, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Family & Community Medicine
Penn State College of Medicine

emusic.com