Vocalist.org archive

From:  rtpeacoc@e...
rtpeacoc@e...
Date:  Thu May 24, 2001  7:13 am
Subject:  back muscles cramping?

I wanted to thank you all so much for the helpful hints for us
asthmatics! (the low notes are back and stronger than ever after the
asthma attacks.. the high notes are a little slower coming back, but
they'd be coming faster if high notes didn't have the effect they do
on the litter of beagle puppies I'm "sitting" for this next week or
so...)

Now I have another (probably stupid) question:

when I try to take in a good breath using the lower part of the rib
cage, where it never caused trouble before, I find that it now makes
the back muscles (on one side or the other -- it's happened on both
sides), just above the bottom of the rib cage and near the spine,
cramp. They also cramp at night when I shift into an "arched"
postion, or in the morning when I stretch, again arching the back.

I've started calcium supplements, in case that's the cause, but no
luck so far.

My teacher is sick so I can't ask her so far...but the cramping is
affecting my singing --it's hard to sing, especially low notes that
need a lot of support, when you're in muscle-cramp pain...

anybody have an idea what might be the cause?

many thanks in advance...

genxhousewife
mezzo (?) in training
Robin

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12135 Re: back muscles cramping? Greypins@a...   Thu  5/24/2001   2 KB
12136 Re: back muscles cramping? John Messmer, M.D.   Thu  5/24/2001   3 KB
12137 Re: back muscles cramping? John Link   Thu  5/24/2001   3 KB
12138 Re: back muscles cramping? dorisopran@a...   Thu  5/24/2001   3 KB
12139 Re: back muscles cramping? dorisopran@a...   Thu  5/24/2001   2 KB
12141 Re: back muscles cramping? John Alexander Blyth   Thu  5/24/2001   4 KB
12147 Re: back muscles cramping? Jennifer   Thu  5/24/2001   2 KB
12153 Re: back muscles cramping? Greypins@a...   Fri  5/25/2001   2 KB
12154 Re: back muscles cramping? John Link   Fri  5/25/2001   2 KB

emusic.com