Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Wed May 23, 2001  3:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Scottish sacred solo

Oh, I remember that from the Presbyterian church I was singing in decades
ago. I remember we sang an SATB setting of it. I didn't have a clue to its
origin and thought it a bit sticky and sentimental. The melody is not what
we think of as typically Scottish; it's rather Victorian hymmlike. But
having seen sheep in lovely Scottish countrysides since, I would definitly
look at it again.

In a message dated 5/23/01 10:38:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,