Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sun May 20, 2001  8:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] was it really?

dorisopran@a... wrote:

> Then, why didn't Marnie Nixon do any on camera movie roles, or does anyone
> know if she did any opera or musical on stage? I saw her on television back
> in the 60's, and she was very attractive, and in the 80's, I saw her in
> concert, and she was most entertaining and in fine voice.

Marni Nixon was one of the nuns in the movie version of
Sound of Music (starring Julie Andrews). The irony was
well-noted at the time. Julie Andrews not being cast in the
movie of My Fair Lady was quite a scandal at the time! In
fact, her not being case in MFL is often given as the reason
she got the Best Actress Oscar that same year in Disney's
Mary Poppins.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...