Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sun May 20, 2001  9:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Scanning-Transposing

> I very quickly (thanks so very much) received several responses,
> including references to "Nightingale", "Sibelius", "MusicTime", and
> "SmartScore". Unfortunately, I think I'll have to stick to manually
> transposing my scores for now. All but "MusicTime" are priced $300-$500,
> which is a bit steep for me to justify with only my sporadic occasional use.
> And while "MusicTime" is priced at $99, it doesn't appear to support scanning.

Very reasonable and easy to use, though you have to enter
via keyboard/mouse the actual notes before you can
transpose, is NoteWorthy Composer. That can be a little
tedious, but you can also use it to play the accompaniment,
which is the main reason I got it - to get an idea of what
an accompaniment I'm not able to play sounds like.

It's shareware, cost me abut $40 about 5 years ago, and I've
updated it many times since for free plus very minimal cost
for new documentation.

Here's the web site - you can download a trial version and
try it out before you buy it - which reminds me, it's about
time I updated my version!

http://www.ntworthy.com/

--
mailto:peggyh@i...