Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Wed May 16, 2001  10:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] was it really?

In a message dated 5/16/01 1:56:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Greypins@a...
writes:

<< ... does anyone know if that really was audrey hepburn who sang 'moon
river'
in 'breakfast at tiffany's'? if you know of a sure source for the info,
that would be even better (we're having the question on the 'scott walker'
group). >>

I understand that it was indeed her singing and that furthermore, she sang
the Eliza Doolittle songs while filming My Fair Lady, and they (some of the
powers that were) were considering not dubbing in someone else, but there
were a few weak moments in some of the higher passages. I understand there
is a version of the film extant with her singing, and it is reputedly quite
competent and charming. I'd love to see it. I've also heard the Moon River
recording on NPR in a feature about her. Oh yes, I don't remember for sure
whether this was covered, but the biography of her on the Learning Channel
may have addressed this.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11982 Re: was it really? Lee Morgan   Thu  5/17/2001   3 KB

emusic.com